SNVS171G –NOVEMBER 2001–REVISED MARCH 2013
LP2992 Micropower 250 mA Low-Noise Ultra Low-Dropout Regulator in SOT-23 and
WSON Packages Designed for Use with Very Low ESR Output Capacitors
Check for Samples: LP2992
The LP2992 is a 250 mA, fixed-output voltage
• Ultra Low Dropout Voltage
regulator designed to provide ultra low-dropout and
• Specified 250 mA Output Current
low noise in battery powered applications.
• Smallest Possible Size (SOT-23, WSON
Using an optimized VIP (Vertically Integrated PNP)
process, the LP2992 delivers unequaled performance
• Requires Minimum External Components
in all specifications critical to battery-powered
• Stable with Low-ESR Output Capacitor
• <1 µA Quiescent Current when Shut Down
Dropout Voltage: Typically 450 mV @ 250 mA load,
and 5 mV @ 1 mA load.
• Low Ground Pin Current at all Loads
• Output Voltage Accuracy 1% (A Grade)
Ground Pin Current: Typically 1500 µA @ 250 mA
load, and 75 µA @ 1 mA load.
• High Peak Current Capability
• Wide Supply Voltage Range (16V Max)
Enhanced Stability: The LP2992 is stable with
output capacitor ESR as low as 5 mΩ, which allows
• Low Z
: 0.3Ω Typical (10 Hz to 1 MHz)
the use of ceramic capacitors on the output.
• Overtemperature/overcurrent Protection
Sleep Mode: Less than 1 µA quiescent current when
• −40°C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
ON/OFF pin is pulled low.
• Custom Voltages Available
Smallest Possible Size: SOT-23 and WSON
packages use absolute minimum board space.
Precision Output: 1% tolerance output voltages
• Cellular Phone
available (A grade).
• Palmtop/Laptop Computer
Low Noise: By adding a 10 nF bypass capacitor,
• Personal Digital Assistant (PDA)
output noise can be reduced to 30 µV (typical).
• Camcorder, Personal Stereo, Camera
Multiple voltage options, from 1.5V to 5.0V, are
available as standard products. Consult factory for
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of
Texas Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
2All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Copyright © 2001–2013, Texas Instruments Incorporated
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.