© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2013
February, 2013 − Rev. 26
1 Publication Order Number:
1-Kb, 2-Kb, 4-Kb, 8-Kb and
C CMOS Serial
The CAT24C01/02/04/08/16 are 1−Kb, 2−Kb, 4−Kb, 8−Kb and
16−Kb respectively CMOS Serial EEPROM devices organized
internally as 8/16/32/64 and 128 pages respectively of 16 bytes each.
All devices support both the Standard (100 kHz) as well as Fast
(400 kHz) I
Data is written by providing a starting address, then loading 1 to 16
contiguous bytes into a Page Write Buffer, and then writing all data to
non−volatile memory in one internal write cycle. Data is read by
providing a starting address and then shifting out data serially while
automatically incrementing the internal address count.
External address pins make it possible to address up to eight
CAT24C01 or CAT24C02, four CAT24C04, two CAT24C08 and one
CAT24C16 device on the same bus.
• Supports Standard and Fast I
• 1.7 V to 5.5 V Supply Voltage Range
• 16−Byte Page Write Buffer
• Hardware Write Protection for Entire Memory
• Schmitt Triggers and Noise Suppression Filters on I
C Bus Inputs
(SCL and SDA)
• Low power CMOS Technology
• More than 1,000,000 Program/Erase Cycles
• 100 Year Data Retention
• Industrial and Extended Temperature Range
• These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS
16 / 08 / 04 / 02 / 01
PDIP (L), SOIC (W), TSSOP (Y), MSOP (Z),
* The TDFN (VP2) package is not recommended for new designs.
TDFN, (VP2)*, UDFN−EP (HU4) (Top View)
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 19 of this data sheet.
TSOT−23 (TD), TSOP−5** (TS) (Top View)
*** WLCSP are available for the CAT24C04,
CAT24C08 and CAT24C16 only.
TOP MARKING FOR WLCSP
X = Specific Device
X = Code
4 = 24C04
8 = 24C08
6 = 24C16
Y = Production Year (Last Digit)
M = Production Month (1−9, O, N, D)
Y M Y M
** TSOP are available for the CAT24C02 only.